Argus Cyber Security, the global leader in automotive cyber security, and Elektrobit (EB), the pioneering provider of cutting-edge, embedded and connected technology solutions for the automotive industry, today unveiled their joint end-to-end solution for delivering over-the-air (OTA) vehicle software updates. The solution is being demonstrated at the International VDI Congress ELIV (ELectronics In Vehicles), held in Bonn, Germany on , Booth # 101.
Built from the ground up to address unique automotive software update challenges and scenarios by automotive experts, the modular solution includes:
- On-board client
- Patent-pending delta technology
- Resilient, scalable and fault-tolerant backend
- Secure end-to-end-communication and data storage
- Platform for vehicles, campaign and software management
- Support for wide-range diagnostic and device management protocols
- Resolve unique automotive update challenges across the vehicle lifespan
- Reduce vehicle down-time, not just bandwidth, with unique patent-pending delta technology
- Save time with an intuitive monitoring, deployment and management console designed for automotive scenarios
- Streamline updates with flexible campaign management – rollback mechanism and bandwidth limitation workarounds
- Prevent update problems with early identification of inconsistencies between current and expected vehicle configuration
“As software complexity increases in vehicles, the necessity and frequency of OTA software updates increases. This poses greater inconvenience to drivers, as their vehicles are out of operation for the duration of these updates. The joint solution from Argus and EB is essential in managing the avalanche of code and reducing vehicle downtime,” said Roger Lanctot, director, Automotive Connected Mobility, Strategy Analytics, the leader in Automotive Electronics research and consulting.
“Our software updates OTA solution with Elektrobit integrates technologies that enable automakers to overcome unique automotive update challenges across the vehicle lifespan, said Yaron Galula, Co-Founder and CTO of Argus Cyber Security. “Deploying patent-pending delta technology, the solution is laser-focused on minimizing vehicle down-time, bandwidth, and is easy to use. Vehicles hitting the road today have an increasing amount of vehicle connectivity and we are excited to be working with Elektrobit to enable OEMs to wirelessly deliver new features and applications, improve performance and quickly install software patches.”
“We are thrilled to expand our partnership with Argus in the OTA field”, said Martin Schleicher, Executive Vice President Elektrobit. “OTA is critical as we move to the new world of mobility. The technology we are delivering enables new business models by uploading new features and functions to vehicles after the cars have been sold, which allows for a stronger brand differentiation between carmakers”.
Argus , the global leader in automotive cyber security, provides comprehensive and proven solution suites to protect connected cars and commercial vehicles against cyber-attacks and keep them up to date with software updates over-the-air (OTA). Ranked number one in third-party evaluations, Argus technologies are built on dozens of pending and granted automotive patents that illustrate innovative security methods, proven computer networking know-how and decades of experience in both cyber security and the automotive industry. Argus customers include the world’s largest OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers and partners include leading industry players. Founded in 2013, Argus is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, with offices in Michigan, Silicon Valley, Stuttgart and Tokyo. Visit to learn more.
SOURCE Argus Cyber Security